- To preserve the architectural and historical character, and function, of the Reading Terminal Market as an urban farmers’ market.
- To provide a wide variety of produce, meat, fish, bakery and dairy products, and other raw and prepared food, brought to a public market in the center of the city by farmers, growers, producers and chefs;
- To maintain an environment that recognizes and celebrates the diversity of our citizens and fosters their interaction;
- To strengthen the historic link and mutual dependency of our rural and urban communities; and,
- To achieve this, while preserving the financial viability and achieving self-sufficiency for the Market.